IUI, medically known as Intrauterine Insemination, refers to the process relating to infertility. At Dr. Rupali’s IVF Clinic, you will get all the alternatives to treat infertility problems.
Are you willing to welcome motherhood soon? Are the normal conditions for getting pregnant not working? Come to our specialist for a suitable solution. With the medical sector embracing advancements, several processes have come up for treating infertility. IUI is one such procedure
What Is the Utility Of IUI?
IUI is an artistic approach for supporting several couples going through the crisis of infertility. Another name for this process is Artificial Insemination. It involves releasing the male partner’s sperm into the uterine cavity of the female. This treatment is applicable for the couples facing the below-mentioned issues –
- Sexual Disorders in the male partner, such as low sperm count, the issue with the penis shape or flow of the sperm, and others
- Ovulation Disorders in the female partner, such as unexplained infertility
- Inhospitable cervical conditions
- Grade I endometriosis with patent tubes
- Age of the female partner
- Male factor subfertility like low sex drive, erectile dysfunction, etc
The procedure of IUI comprises several stages for complete treatment. These are as follows:
- Treatment and Counselling: It can be challenging for couples to undergo this process both emotionally and physically. Dr. Rupali will surely assist you in analysing the process clearly.
- Ovarian Stimulation: The female partner will be under medication on the menstruation circle’s second day to stimulate the follicles. It will continue till Day 6.
- Monitoring Ovulation Cycle: Several follicles will start developing after stimulation. The specialist will carry out internal scans to check the growth between day 9 and day 13.
- Triggering for Ovulation: Generally, the follicles attain the desired size on Day 12. It is time to trigger ovulation by giving the hCG injection. After 36 hours of this event, ovulation will take place.
- IUI: Another scan will be conducted on the 13th day to monitor the stage of ovulation. After receiving a positive response, IUI will also be scheduled the next day or the same day.
In most cases of infertility, IUI gave favourable results. Hence, both the doctors and the parents often prefer the technique for artificial parenthood.